Friday 20 April 2012

Interview with Viraf Mehta in Business Recorder Pakistan

Business Recorder Research: How did you initially get into CSR related activities?

Viraf Mehta: The reason why I wanted to do this was that in the 21st century, businesses are growing and civil society is essential as a partner.

I knew my place would be in a type of place where I would be discussing development with business or the business of development.

I wanted Tata to be doing great in every business that it is in, but at the same time I wanted it to deliver and understand what the socio-ethical and environmental commitments demand.

Having worked with the industry and NGO, it made me able to work with the government very closely, take up different projects with companies, cross sector partnership for the first time in India where the NGOs and companies would work jointly for the social cause.

Read the complete interview here

No comments:

Post a Comment